Hello, I’m Marie Guerlain. I’m passionate about saving us from the toxic environment that is everywhere in our home. Small changes can give Big returns!
You would think that my family heritage [Guerlain have been parfumiers from its inception in 1828] would make me feel friendlier towards chemicals. But no! Quite the reverse. Studying as a Nutritionist I became more and more aware of the toxicity of our lives and homes that have been blighted by increasing levels of chemicals in everyday life. As time went on I studied the causes and complications that were leading to higher than natural levels of toxicity
I studied with The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) which was founded in 1992 by Joshua Rosenthal and is now the largest nutrition school in the world. Driven by the core belief that if you can change what people eat, you can change the world, I trained using the Health Coach Training Programme which has trained over 60,000 students and graduates in 124 countries around the world. The Health Coach Training Programme is a one-year online course specially designed for people who are passionate about health and wellness.
I firmly believe that: –
- there’s no one diet for everyone – this is the core principle and I have been trained explore the pros and cons of over 100 dietary theories and have learned how to create personalized approaches to food and lifestyle
- Many people believe that cravings are problem, but believe that cravings play a critical role in understanding what the body needs.
- Most nutrition experts give their clients a list of foods to avoid, which explains why so many people are turned off by nutrition. I believe in the principle of “Crowding out” involves adding more healthy food to your diet rather than cutting back on foods you enjoy.
- Many people try to heal sadness, depression, and anxiety with food; this tactic can easily lead to overeating and unwanted weight gain. I explore the connection between food and emotions with my clients.
- Food has distinct qualities and energetic properties that affect your body depending on where, when, and how it’s grown and prepared. I explain to clients how to learn how different foods may affect the way you feel.
- Scientific research shows that what we eat affects how we think, feel, and act. Get the tools to deconstruct why you feel a certain way after eating a certain food to find what works best for you.s
- I have been trained in basic concepts in human anatomy and how our digestive systems function – including inflammation, digestion, blood sugar imbalance, metabolism,epigenetics, endocrine health, autoimmune disorders, and more.
My passion is to expose the toxicity in our everyday environment – especially in the kitchen. The kitchen should be the heart of our home – and yet it’s slowly killing us and the family we cook and care for. I have devoted years of training to understanding the problems that surround us. My desire is to help you learn about a holistic approach to nutrition and wellbeing, to champion non-toxic cookware, and to encourage you and your family to detox their kitchens and homes. When my first child was born I was spending a lot of time in my kitchen cooking nutritious meals. But I struggled to find cookware that was both non-toxic and aesthetically pleasing. It is counter-productive to cook thoughtful, organic meals in badly made and toxic cookware.
This is why I spent time learning about the finest materials for cookware production and selected the highest grade 316ti Titanium which protects both the taste and the nutrients in your food.”
Cooking for my family and friends is my passion. Memorable meals use outstanding ingredients, but that purity must be complimented with cookware unsurpassed in quality and so beautiful that you’d want to show it off on any table.